What You Can Expect
Southside Baptist Church exists to bring glory to God by having a positive influence in people's lives. Our services are traditional and full of real-life relevance. There is not a dress code at SBC for members or guests. Even though ministry leaders and many of our church family dress in a more traditional "Sunday" dress, the main goal is that you feel welcome and comfortable. During the 9:30am Bible study time there are classes for all ages and during the 10:45am worship service there is a special service for children (through 5th grade). Nusery is also available. Whether you are curious to learn more about God or are looking for a new church home, SBC has a place for you.
What We Believe
- We believe that the Holy Bible as originally written was verbally inspired and the product of Spirit-controlled man, and therefore, has truth without any admixture of error for its matter.
- We believe there is one and only one living and true God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, equal with God the Father and God the Son and of the same nature.
- We believe in the personality of Satan, that he is the unholy god of this age, and the author of all the powers of darkness, and is destined to the judgment of an eternal justice in the lake of fire.
- We accept the Genesis account of creation and believe that man came by direct creation of God and not by evolution.
- We believe that man was created in innocence, but by voluntary transgression fell from his sinless and happy state in consequence of which all mankind are now sinners.
- We believe that Jesus was begotten of the Holy Ghost in a miraculous manner, born of Mary, a virgin, as no other man was ever born or can ever be born of a woman, and that He is both the Son of God and God, the Son.
- We believe that the salvation of sinners is wholly of grace; through the mediatorial offices of the Son of God.
- We believe that in order to be saved, sinners must be born again; that the new birth is a new creation in Christ Jesus; that it is instantaneous and not a process.
- We believe that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only condition of salvation.
- We believe that a local church is a congregation of immersed believers, associated by covenant of faith and fellowship of the Gospel and that the true Mission of the church is the faithful witnessing of Christ to all men as we have opportunity.
- We believe that all who are truly born again are kept by God the Father for Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ on the third day.
This is a summary of our beliefs; if interested in a full doctrinal statement, please contact us.
|Sunday School for All Ages||9:30 AM|
|Sunday Morning Worship||10:45 AM|
|Sunday Evening Worship (No Evening Worship during month of August)||6:00 PM|
|AWANA (Elementary)||6:15 PM|
|OneSixTeen Student Ministry (Middle & High)||6:30 PM|
|Adult L.I.F.E (Living In Faith Everyday) Group||6:30 PM|
|Adult Prayer and Bible Study||7:00 PM|
Southside Baptist Church
379 South Commerce Avenue
Sebring, FL 33876